Ferrochrome nitride is a metal nitride with a chemical formula of Cr2FeN, which belongs to iron and steel materials. It is a material with high hardness and the high toughness and has excellent performance under high temperatures and high pressure, so it is widely used in cutting tools, high-temperature bearings, abrasives, and other fields. Due to its excellent physical and mechanical properties, ferrochromium nitride has become one of the essential materials in aviation, automobile, electronics, and other industries. The preparation method of ferrochromium nitride includes physical deposition, chemical deposition, gas phase reaction, and other methods.
China’s Ferrochrome Nitride Standard
The nitrogen content specified in China’s ferrochrome nitride product standard is 3.0% to 5.0%, which is used for the production of nitrogen-containing steel, and the vacuum resistance furnace solid-state nitriding production process is adopted. According to different smelting methods and carbon content, ferrochromium nitride is divided into six grades, and its chemical composition should meet the requirements in the following table:
The Uses of Nitrided Ferro Chrome
Class A applies to remelted products after nitriding, and its nitrogen content does not include the amount of adsorbed nitrogen.
Type B is suitable for fixing nitrided alloys.
The content of chromium, nitrogen, carbon, phosphorus, and sulfur must be determined for each furnace.
Upon negotiation between the supplier and the buyer, Class B products with a silicon content of no more than 3.0% can be supplied
The Production Process of Ferrochrome Nitride
- 1. Raw material preparation. Raw materials such as ferrochrome, industrial ammonia, limestone, and graphite are prepared in proportion.
- Mix the ingredients. Add ferrochrome, industrial ammonia, and limestone into the reaction kettle, and add graphite while stirring, so that the raw materials are fully mixed.
- Reaction preparation. The mixture in the reaction kettle is heated, and the temperature and pressure in the kettle are increased to cause nitriding reaction to generate ferrochromium nitride.
- Filter and solidify. The reacted mixture is rapidly cooled to solidify into blocks, and then the impurities in the block mixture are removed with a filter.
- Crushing and screening. Break the filtered block mixture into small particles, and then sieve to obtain ferrochromium nitride particles that meet the requirements.
- Package storage. Put the sieved ferrochrome nitride into a packaging bag and store it in a sealed manner.
Characteristics of Ferrochrome Nitride
Ferrochrome nitride has the characteristics of high hardness, wear resistance and corrosion resistance, and can be used for a long time in harsh environments to maintain excellent performance. Secondly, the anti-fatigue performance of ferrochromium nitride is also very good, which can maintain stable performance under high-load and high-frequency working conditions and prolong the service life. In addition, the high thermal hardening temperature and low thermal expansion coefficient of ferrochromium nitride also make it have excellent performance in high temperature and high pressure environments.
In view of the above characteristics, we have joined forces with many industry leaders to launch high-purity, high-quality ferrochrome nitride products, allowing them to exert their best performance in different application fields. Our products also have high processing performance, are easy to cut and plastically formed in different production processes, and ensure the overall consistency and stability of the product.
Nitrided Ferro Chrome for Sale
Recently, the price of ferrochromium nitride has roughly increased by 800-1000 yuan/50 basis ton. Even if the ferrochrome alloy fluctuates at a high level, the price of ferrochrome nitride still remains firm. At present, the factory quotes 18,800-19,500 yuan/50 basis tons (cash includes tax before leaving the factory).
Domestic high-nitrogen ferrochromium factories mainly use high-grade Harbin Iron as raw material, and refer to the monthly price rise and fall of Baosteel’s high-chromium The cost of ferrochromium has risen significantly.
In addition, because some factories also produce pure ferrochrome and other products in addition to ferrochrome nitride, sharing part of the output, and the increase in export inquiries for ferrochrome nitride, the factory has been receiving orders and transactions have been good.