High carbon silicon (also known as silicon carbon alloy) is a metallurgical product that combines silicon and carbon compounds. The carbon content in Carbo-Silicon is around 55%, with the remaining 45% made up of silicon. This alloy forms a hard surface that exhibits strength and corrosion resistance. It is often used in applications such as mill rolls, bearings, heat treating fixtures, and auto parts.
The Specification of High Carbon Silicon
The Advantage of High Carbon Silicon
High-carbon silicon is a new metallurgical material that has undergone rapid development in the metallurgical industry. Its price is cheaper than traditional metallurgical materials, but it can replace traditional metallurgical materials such as ferrosilicon and silicon carbide. It has been used by steel manufacturers for a long time It can be used instead of ferrosilicon and other metallurgical materials.
Deoxidation advantages of silicon-carbon alloy
Silicon-carbon alloy contains silicon element. After the silicon-carbon alloy is added in the steelmaking process, the silicon element in it reacts with oxygen to deoxidize the oxygen in the molten steel to improve the hardness and quality of the steel, and the silicon element in the silicon-carbon alloy and the Oxygen has a good affinity, so the molten steel has the characteristics of not splashing after being put in.
The advantages of slag collection of silicon-carbon alloy
Silicon-carbon alloys also have the advantage of collecting slag. Putting a certain proportion of silicon-carbon alloys into molten steel can quickly group oxides in the steelmaking process, which is convenient for filtration, making molten steel more pure and greatly improving the density and hardness of steel. .
The advantage of increasing the furnace temperature of silicon-carbon alloy
Silicon-carbon alloy is a good temperature-resistant material. Putting silicon-carbon alloy in the process of steelmaking can increase the furnace temperature, increase the conversion rate of ferroalloy, and accelerate the reaction speed of molten steel and elements.
The price of ferrosilicon alloy is relatively high. As a new type of metallurgical material, silicon-carbon alloy is favored by many manufacturers because of its lower price than traditional metallurgical materials. Silicon-carbon alloy can replace expensive metallurgical materials such as ferrosilicon, and achieve unexpected satisfactory results. , so the use of silicon-carbon alloys can save manufacturers’ costs and increase profits.