The main application of silicon nitride powder: according to the application requirements of different fields, a series of different grades of silicon nitride powder products have been developed, which are widely used in high-tech structural ceramics, various wear-resistant materials, refractory materials and many other fields.
The product has high purity, small size, uniform distribution, large specific surface area, high surface activity, and low bulk density; the reflectance of ultraviolet rays is over 95% and the absorption rate of infrared bands is over 97%, with good chemical corrosion resistance and lubrication strong performance, high hardness, low coefficient of sliding friction.
Silicon nitride is very strong, especially hot-pressed silicon nitride, which is one of the hardest substances in the world. It is extremely resistant to high temperatures, and its strength can be maintained at a high temperature of 1200°C without falling. It will not melt into a melt after being heated, and it will not decompose until 1900°C.
It has amazing chemical corrosion resistance and can withstand almost all inorganic acids. And caustic soda solution below 30%, can also resist the corrosion of many organic acids; at the same time, it is a high-performance electrical insulating material.
What is the comprehensive performance of silicon nitride?
- High mechanical strength, hardness close to corundum, self-lubricating, wear-resistant. The bending strength at room temperature can be as high as 980MPa, which can be compared with alloy steel, and the strength can be maintained until 1200°C without falling.
- Good thermal stability, small thermal expansion coefficient, and good thermal conductivity, so good thermal shock resistance, thermal shock from room temperature to 1000 ℃ will not crack.
- Stable chemical properties, almost resistant to the corrosion of all inorganic acids (except HF) and caustic soda solutions with a concentration below 30%, and also resistant to the erosion of many organic substances, for a variety of non-ferrous metal melts (especially aluminum liquid) Non-wetting, can withstand strong radiation. 4. The n density is low, the specific gravity is small, only 2/5 of steel, and the electrical insulation is good.
Do you know the main uses of silicon nitride?
- In the metallurgical industry, it can be used to make crucibles, muffle furnaces, burners, heating fixtures, casting molds, aluminum liquid conduits, thermocouple temperature measurement protection sleeves, aluminum electrolytic cell linings, and other thermal equipment components.
- In the machinery industry, high-speed turning tools, bearings, heat-treated supports for metal parts, scrapers for rotor engines, guide blades, and turbine blades for gas turbines, etc. are made.
- In the chemical industry, ball valves, pump bodies, sealing rings, filters, heat exchanger components, immobilized catalyst carriers, combustion boats, evaporators, etc. are made.
- In semiconductor, aviation, atomic energy, and other industries, it is used to manufacture switch circuit substrates, film capacitors, electrical insulators that withstand high temperatures or drastic temperature changes, radar radomes, missile exhaust nozzles, supports and separators in atomic reactors, nuclear Carriers of fissile substances, etc.
- Artificial joints can be made in medical engineering.
- Replace the same type of metal engine with the silicon nitride all-ceramic engine.