High-carbon silicon is a novel composite alloy deoxidizer, which can replace the traditional deoxidizer such as ferrosilicon powder, calcium carbide, carbon powder and gold powder in the smelting process of steel and other metals. It not only has the advantages of reducing production costs and improving economic benefits, but also has some unique advantages.
The physical and chemical properties of high-carbon silicon are stable, which is an important prerequisite for its use as a deoxidizer. Secondly, its deoxidation effect is very good, after adding molten steel can quickly react with the oxygen in molten steel, forming steel slag floating to the surface of molten steel, to achieve the purpose of deoxidation. In the process of steel smelting, high-carbon silicon can adapt to the deoxidation of many types of steel smelting such as plain steel, alloy steel and special steel.
1. High-carbon silicon has the following characteristics:
- High-carbon silicon is a kind of silicon briquette with broad market prospect, and it is an efficient and environmentally friendly deoxidizer, which can bring considerable economic benefits to iron and steel enterprises.
- When high-carbon silicon is used as deoxidizer in steelmaking, oxygen content in melt is reduced by reacting with oxygen in molten steel, thus improving the quality of molten steel.
- High-carbon silicon can be processed into different shapes according to customer requirements, such as balls, powders or particles, which brings great convenience to the production of steel enterprises.
- High-carbon silicon has a high density and high purity, and will not pollute the molten steel when added to it.
- High-carbon silicon can maintain a high and stable recovery rate, and its stable performance makes the production of iron and steel enterprises more stable.
- High-carbon silicon can reduce the use of alloys, thereby reducing steelmaking costs and improving economic efficiency.
- High carbon silicon can improve the quality of liquid steel, and then improve the quality and performance of steel.
- High-carbon silicon also has a certain desulfurization effect in deoxidation, and also has a carburizing effect, which can replace part of the carburizing agent, further reducing the cost of steelmaking.
- High-carbon silicon can also effectively reduce the amount of fluorite, reduce the concentration of toxic gas fluorine, reduce environmental pollution.
2. High-carbon silicon application industry
High-carbon silicon is widely used in steel and non-ferrous metal smelting, ceramics and other fields.
In steel smelting, high-carbon silicon can be used as a deoxidizer to reduce the oxygen content in melt and improve the quality of molten steel by reacting with the oxygen in molten steel. It can adapt to the deoxidation of many types of steel smelting, such as plain steel, alloy steel and special steel, and has good deoxidation effect.
In addition, high-carbon silicon can also be used for the smelting of non-ferrous metals, such as copper, aluminum and so on. In the ceramic industry, high-carbon silicon can be used to produce ceramic raw materials such as kaolin.
It should be noted that the application field of high-carbon silicon is not limited to the above fields, it can also be widely used in other fields. If in doubt, consult a professional for more information.
In summary, as a novel composite alloy deoxidizer, high-carbon silicon has many advantages and unique advantages. It has a wide range of application prospects in metal processing fields such as iron and steel smelting, and plays an important role in improving metal smelting efficiency and reducing costs.
Its application not only helps enterprises to improve economic efficiency and competitiveness, but also conforms to the current concept of green, environmental protection and sustainable development. Therefore, high-carbon silicon is a new material worthy of attention and promotion.
ZHENXIN ferroalloy produces multi-specification high-carbon silicon, welcome inquiry.